I know you have been getting a ton of information lately. I will keep this short and sweet. You and your families are all invited to to our year end celebration. It is during this event that the swimmers will be recognized and we can all just relax, unwind and have some good family fun.
This year we are trying something new. Sorry, we have not told you sooner. I have been waiting on a Park date approval. We finally got that today!!! We rented the Lancaster County Central Park Swimming Pool for two hours on Sunday, July 22 from 6:45-8:45. Please arrive by 6:20-6:30. So we can get settled in and start our awards ceremony. We will have our awards ceremony followed by swimming, sweet treats and maybe some fun relays… So, parents and kids bring your bathing suits, towels, blankets. I would suggest chairs but who is going to need a chair when they will be swimming. This pool is for everyone.
Light refreshments will be provided:
A sweet treat menu is planned with drinks and a few snacks. We will NOT be providing dinner nor will dinner be available at the park. Since this a little later in the evening we decided on a desert social instead.
If you have any questions – please let me know.
For those of you who have not been to Lancaster County Park you should know it is a fabulous park. You could make a day of it. It is great park to bike, hike, walk, play tennis or just take in the great views. For more information on the pool and the park check out the link below:
1 From Stony Battery Rd. Go east on Marietta Ave toward Centerville Rd. Continue to follow Marietta Ave. 4.6 mi
2 Turn slight left onto W Chestnut St / PA-23 . 0.9 mi
- W Chestnut St is 0.1 miles past N West End Ave
- Milagro House is on the left
3. Turn right onto N Duke St. 1.0 mi
- Square One Coffee is on the corner
- If you reach N Cherry St you’ve gone a little too far
4. Turn right onto Chesapeake St. 0.2 mi
- If you reach Plaza Ln you’ve gone a little too far
5. Turn left onto E Strawberry St. .01 mi
- If you reach S Queen St you’ve gone about 0.3 miles too far
6. E STRAWBERRY ST – go across bridge and pool is straight ahead. Total approx. 7 mi and should take about 15 minutes.